Saturday 5 February 2011

Ancillary Drafts

Here are the drafts of our ancillary tasks- we took the photos at the 'Studio' shoot yesterday where we decided that we would select the options of a digipak for a CD and a poster. Dora's main role within the group is to be in control of editing and cinematography- and mine is to create the ancillary tasks, act in the video and try and lead the group in terms of research, therefore it was up to me to draft the ancillary tasks.

For the poster I played with a range of colours before I settled on a colour scheme of pink and red- I felt that the contrast between baby pink and bright red added a retro feel to the poster and also complimented the belgian bun motif that would be a consistent theme throughout our video. I paticularly liked the use of red because it matched the make up we used in the video and the cherry on the bun- making it have a pop art feel, which gave the ancillary task and the video a feeling of continuity. Also- I liked the idea of cutting out a picture of a belgian bun and having it dotted around the poster. Kate Nash herself rarely includes herself on the poster- favouring illustrations and cartoons, but we can managed to find a poster where she incorperated herself (LINK) into her poster along with shapes superimposed onto her in different colours- so I thought this was a very good idea as we could keep to her indie pop conventions yet add our own element to it.


Again, I tried to keep to the same theme when creating the front cover of the digipack- I haven't done the inside of the booklet yet as I merely wanted to get a feel about what I'm going to do as I'm going to start doing the final drafts of the ancillary tasks in a few days. I used a photo from the same photoshoot as the video and poster so this 'look' can be associated with Kira Kitson's era of music- creating a brand. In the poster I used a google image picture of a belgian bun and cut it out on Photoshop, however for the digipak I used a real belgian bun to make it look it more aethentic and pleasing. I also think it will be best to repeat this design and use a close up because it played to the typical conventions of the female solo artist- we looked at this genre here---> LINK. I felt that this was quite important as consumers like repetition, so this more traditional CD cover would be more appealing the consumer on the shelf of HMV. I followed suit in terms of the poster by using increasing the saturation to make the red brighter.


I think I have made a very good start- and the final ancillary task will be up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment