Friday 4 February 2011

ONE: 'Studio' scenes & Ancillary Shoot

Me and Dora booked out the school's photography studio in order to create a really professional effect for both our music video and the ancillary tasks. To ensure that we had a sense of continuity, a link, if you will- between the ancillary tasks and the music video- we decided to do capture both on the same day, using the same props and styling.

In order to achieve a perfect sync when editing the footage- I had to sing aloud to an MP3 of Kate Nash's 'Pumpkin Soup'! I felt really stupid as the photography studio is in a classroom, which was full of people- but I tried to treat it like a drama performance and after that I realised that people were more so watching me than laughing at me, and this gave me the confidence to perform more. Singers like Kate Nash are really gutsy performers who show a lot of emotion with their faces and bodies so I tried to give a very energetic performance that would be entertaining to watch as part of a music video.

When we had finished filming that section (and I was very tired from by the ends of it!) we moved onto taking pictures for our digipak and poster. This time we brought in props of cakes and biscuits to make it a little bit more interesting- especially the Belgian bun that we decided would be KIRA KITSON's logo. I really enjoyed that part of the shoot as I spent an hour posing and eating cakes- and the fact that I was enjoying what I was doing came across really well in the photos. We were so pleased with them, and the footage itself- just from playing it back on the camera...it's clear that the filming we have done this afternoon has very much fitted the conventions but also seems very unique.


No comments:

Post a Comment